Estate Administration Lawyer in Roseville, CA

Find Guidance for Estate Administration & Trust Law

Turn to a Dedicated Estate Administration Lawyer Serving Clients Roseville & Citrus Heights, CA and the Surrounding Areas

Losing a loved one is painful and confusing. We strive to lighten your burden by providing attentive and compassionate legal services. Whether or not your loved one had a formal estate plan, we can assist you with all aspects of winding down their estate.
Our office is located in Roseville, but we provide legal services to the residents of Citrus Heights, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Auburn, Loomis, Lincoln, Sacramento and Newcastle, California.

The probate process in California can be time-consuming and expensive, not to mention stressful and damaging to family relationships. If you believe your loved one's estate must pass through probate, call us. We are often able to offer alternatives to full probate that save our clients time and money. These alternatives are not one-size-fits-all solutions, but they may be appropriate for your situation. They include:

estate lawyer citrus heights ca

- Petition to Succeed to Real (and/or Personal) Property: if the estate is valued under $166,250 in 2020 (and growing each calendar year), we may be able to petition the court for an order succeeding the assets to the heirs without lengthy processes.

- Small Estate Affidavit:. This is another option for personal property, usually cash or cash equivalents, housed in a financial institution when the account balances are below $166,250 in 2020 (and growing each calendar year).

- Trust Administration: If your loved one had a properly funded living trust, then winding down the estate should be an easier task. Families can benefit from legal assistance to interpret trust language, draft necessary forms, comply with legal notice requirements, and obtain useful information and best practices

- Petition to Include Assets in Trust: Also known as a Probate Code Section 850 petition or Heggstad petition, this simplified court proceeding enables the trust to take ownership of property that was not formally transferred to your loved one’s trust during their lifetime, thereby avoiding a full probate of the estate.

If you are
- the executor of a will,
- the successor trustee of a trust,
- an heir of a deceased person’s estate, or
- a beneficiary of a trust,
you might benefit from a consultation with a probate and estates lawyer.

Call us today for a complimentary 30-minute consultation.